What to expect when you are expecting... a referral from China
The referral is the first time I get to see a picture of Jasmine.
It is a package that contains information about Jasmine including her name (given by the orphanage), where she is from in China, her age, weight, basic medical info, and of course, a few pictures.
My agency will forward the package to me which will probably take an additional day or two ( in the meantime they will send me an email that includes scans of the pictures).
My first obligation is to make a lot of phone calls.
After that I will have a doctor look over the medical information that was provided.
Once I have reviewed all the information, I will send back an acceptance letter to China and will begin to wait once again.
This wait should be much shorter than before.
The next information I will need will be my Travel Approval (TA) from China. That will tell me exactly when I can go to China.
This has recently been taking 2-5 weeks to come after the referral has been accepted. The TA will contain one very important date... the Gotcha Date, the date I pick up Jasmine.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home