Journey To Jasmine

" Family isn't about whose blood you have. It's about who you care about. " . ~ Trey Parker and Matt Stone, South Park.....

Friday, June 02, 2006

Poems on the theme of Adoption


FLESH OF MY FLESH

Not flesh of my flesh,
Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it

~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~


THE GIFT OF LIFE

I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.

For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you
The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you.

~ Author Unknown ~


KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart
and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me,
at least that's how it seems.

I know you wonder where I am...
what's taking me so long.
But remember child, I love you so
and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze
and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always,
I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God hold you in His hand
until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling,
I'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family
for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always,
I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms
and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses
that I send to you each night.

~ Author Unknown ~


MY CHILD, MEDITATIONS ON A NEW MOON

My child,
I carried you in my heart
before you were even born
And dared to dream that you were real.

My child,
I carried your picture with me
since the day I received it,
And dared to love a child I was yet to meet.

My child,
I carried you in my arms at last,
and gazed in helpless wonder at your face,
And dared to lose my heart to you.

And now, my child,
a dream fulfilled,
a prayer answered,
a family created,
I have dared to become
a mom.

And so now,my precious child,
I shall carry you
home.

~ Jill Work ~



HOW COULD YOU KNOW?

As you lay sleeping far away
as still as you could be...
How could you know the joy today
this photo brings to me?

A few short weeks and you'll be mine,
and "I" will soon be "We".
How could you know the love I feel?
It's something you can't see.

So have sweet dreams, my precious babe.
Sleep well and tenderly.
Some say that you're the lucky one.
How could you know it's me?

~ Kris Laughlin ~


ON THE WINGS OF A PRAYER

I set you free on the wings of a prayer
To fly through life in His tender care,

You're free from the nest and the ties that are bound
Free from the pressures I carry around.

If I kept you I'd only be cutting your wings,
Not offering the chance a true family brings.

The decision I've made has my heart torn in two,
But I know what I'm doing is the best thing for you.

The sky is so vast, the mountains so high
Take wing and remember: I love you.

Goodbye.

~ LISA BOTE-PHILLIPS, a birth mother ~







Copyright © 2006 D&L Solutions, Inc. All Rights

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home